Timothy R. Jennings, M.D., DFAPA, has been in private practice since 1997 as a Christian psychiatrist and certified master psychopharmacologist. Dr. Jennings is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a specialist in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, a drug-free treatment for depression.
He is a lecturer, international speaker, and author of the widely respected books The God Shaped Brain and Could It Be This Simple? A Biblical Model for Healing the Mind. Dr. Jennings’ dynamic, engaging presentations are filled with moving real life stories, practical Biblical wisdom, and powerful life-changing insights.
Dr. Jennings obtained his M.D. degree in 1990 from the University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee, completed psychiatric residency at D.D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia, and has served as the Division Psychiatrist for the 24th and 3rd Infantry Divisions. He has also served as the USA Surgeon General’s delegate to the American Medical Association’s Resident section and as the Chief of Psychiatry at Winn Army Community Hospital at Fort Stewart, GA. Dr. Jennings is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, was named one of America’s Top Psychiatrists in 2008, 2010 and 2011 by the Consumer Research Institute of America in Washington, D.C., and is licensed to practice medicine in Tennessee, Georgia, and Washington.
He is also an international speaker and conducts seminars on a wide range of spiritual, medical, and psychiatric topics, teaches a weekly Bible study class, and lives in Tennessee with his wife, Christie.
Dr. Jennings currently serves as:
- President of the Tennessee Psychiatric Association
- President-Elect of the Southern Psychiatric Association
- Fellow in the American Psychiatric Association
- Previously Served as Secretary of the Tennessee Psychiatric Association
- Board Member of the Southern Psychiatric Association
- Adjunct Faculty of The University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Master Psychopharmacologist from The Neuropsych Education Institute in San Diego.
Dr. Jennings was named one of America’s Top Psychiatrists by the Consumer Research Council of America for 2008, 2010, and 2011. Also, Dr. Jennings has recently been named a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Dr. Jennings holds the following professional memberships:
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- Tennessee Psychiatric Association
- Southern Psychiatric Association
- American Board of Forensic Medicine
- American Board of Disability Analysts
- American Association of Christian Counselors